DRIVER’S LICENSE TESTING
Driver’s License Exams
- On-site testing is offered at Rae’s Driving School to 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21 year-old students who have held a Learner’s Permit for the correct amount of time (at least 120 days) and have completed their driver education requirements.
Use of our car to take the behind the wheel test will be provided.
- Any 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 or 21 year-old student wishing to take the test is eligible for testing at Rae’s Driving School as long as they have done a 2-hour behind-the-wheel training session with one of our instructors. The cost for the 2-hour behind-the-wheel training and license test combined is $250.
PLEASE NOTE THIS FEE DOES NOT COVER THE COST OF THE ACTUAL CARD, WHICH IS USUALLY $96
- People who are 22 years of age and older must schedule the license test with the DMV. Unfortunately, they are not eligible to test on-site at our locations. However, we can take you to DMV and you can use one of our cars in order to take your behind-the-wheel test, as long as you have done a 2-hour training session with one of our instructors and have completed the 8-hour Drug, Alcohol, Safe Driver course.
Driver’s license tests are arranged by Rae’s Driving School. Test dates are provided on a first-come first-served basis.
Once your paperwork is submitted we should know, within about a week or 2 or 3 or 4, what date and time your test will be.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU ONCE WE KNOW YOUR TEST DATE!
TESTING DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS DMV SENDS AN INSPECTOR TO OUR LOCATION TO DO THE TESTING.
Also please note that testing is always done on weekday mornings and up to 18 people are all tested on that day. In other words, that means your son or daughter will probably miss part or all of a school day. Use of Rae’s Driving School vehicle for the test is provided. Please realize that if you test at DMV and your car fails inspection which most do (50%) you will not be allowed to test and your date will be moved up at least a week to months away!
The following items MUST be dropped off to the driving school:
- Check (made payable to Rae’s Driving School) or cash for $110 (test fee) – NON-REFUNDABLE for 38-hour course students.
PLEASE NOTE THIS FEE DOES NOT COVER THE FEE FOR THE LICENSE CARD, WHICH IS USUALLY $96
- Check (made payable to Rae’s Driving School) or cash for $250 (test fee and 2-hour behind-the-wheel training) for 8-hour students
PLEASE NOTE THIS FEE DOES NOT COVER THE COST OF THE LICENSE CARD, WHICH IS USUALLY $96
- Photocopy of learners permit (and parents drivers license if under 18)
- Completed form R-229 license application
NOTE: Students may report to a local DMV two days after the test to pick up and PAY A FEE ,WHICH IS USUALLY $96, for the license. IF YOU WANT TO AVOID PAYING FOR TESTING AT THE SCHOOL, BOOK YOUR TEST AT A DMV BRANCH YOURSELF. BUT KEEP IN MIND WE USUALLY CAN GET YOU TESTED SOONER AND WITH MUCH LESS PROBLEMS THAN IF YOU CHOOSE TO TEST AT DMV. Just think about how difficult it is to get in and out of ANY DMV parking lot! Let that sink in!